- limit the range or extent of
"Contact between the young was inhibited by strict social customs"
- limit, block, or decrease the action or function of
"inhibit the action of the enzyme"
"inhibit the rate of a chemical reaction"
- Yet education is the only factor that can inhibit prejudice, be it between ethnicity or gender.
- Saprophytic bacteria which grow on diseased tissue may outgrow or inhibit the pathogen on the isolation medium.
- The driver shall be able to inhibit the automatic closing process by actuation of a special control.
- A passenger shall also be able to inhibit the automatic closing process directly by pressing a special push-button.
- In family groups, the presence of the mother will inhibit the ovulatory cycle in her female offspring.
- Neither transport costs, nor import duties nor national regulations inhibit the worldwide trade of the products concerned.
- .3.1 The alarm system shall be able to indicate at the same time more than one fault and the acceptance of any alarm shall not inhibit another alarm.
- national mandates conferred on the competent authorities do not inhibit the performance of their duties as members of EBA or under this Directive.’;
- Concentration is usually not advisable for samples of potato processing or sewage effluent since increased populations of competing saprophytic bacteria will inhibit detection of Ralstonia solanacearum.
- Antimicrobial: Antimicrobial agents or antimicrobial(s) refer to naturally occurring, semi-synthetic or synthetic substances that exhibit antimicrobial activity (kill or inhibit the growth of micro-organisms).
- Commission Decision 2003/774/EC of 30 October 2003 approving certain treatments to inhibit the development of pathogenic micro-organisms in bivalve molluscs and marine gastropods.
- To inhibit the enzyme add 20 μl ε-aminoproic acid solution (4.7.3), then add 200 mg of solid urea and 2 mg of dithiothreitol.
- The above decisions take into consideration this urgency, when they stress that ‘[it] is clear to the Commission that a decision is urgently needed in order not to inhibit the possibilities of the yard to restructure’.
- Jamming equipment specially designed or modified to intentionally and selectively interfere with, deny, inhibit, degrade or seduce mobile telecommunications services and perform any of the following, and specially designed components therefor:
- Jamming equipment specially designed or modified to intentionally and selectively interfere with, deny, inhibit, degrade or seduce cellular mobile telecommunications services, having any of the following characteristics, and specially designed components therefor: