- the commitment of something other than money (time, energy, or effort) to a project with the expectation of some worthwhile result
"this job calls for the investment of some hard thinking"
"he made an emotional investment in the work"
- the act of putting on robes or vestments
- It's an investment.
- Tom is an investment banker.
- The government's investment will create many jobs.
- The investment now yields him 6%.
- This new investment will multiply our profit.
- Education is an investment in the future.
- Tom doubled his investment in a year.
- She benefited from the sound investment.
- I bought this house as an investment.
- Tom tripled his investment in six months.
- The business will yields a fair return on the investment.
- A 6% yield is guaranteed on the investment.
- Many people feel that gold is the most secure investment.
- Japan's foreign direct investment reached $10 billion last year.
- This investment is the opportunity of a lifetime.