- the act of nourishing
"her nourishment of the orphans saved many lives"
- The hurricane survivors were allotted adequate food provisions for their basic nourishment.
- What with overwork and lack of nourishment, he became very ill.
- Phosphorus provides nourishment for cyanobacteria (blue algae) which multiply and release toxins.
- The principal cause of death in refugee camps is the lack of nourishment.
- The diverse types of landscape in this natural environment mean that different, complementary areas of pasture can be grazed, offering abundant supplies of excellent quality nourishment.
- Processed cereal-based foods and baby foods for infants and young children are used as part of a diversified diet and do not constitute the sole source of nourishment of infants and young children.
- Taking into account that such products represent the primary, and in some cases sole, source of nourishment for infants and young children, it is appropriate to prohibit the import into the Community of any such products originating from China.
- The diverse types of landscape in this natural environment mean that different, complementary areas of pasture can be grazed, offering abundant supplies of excellent quality nourishment. This forms the basis of the herd’s diet and gives the milk, hence the cheese, its typical characteristics.
- Given the important role which information on infant feeding plays in choosing, by pregnant women and mothers of infants, the type of nourishment provided to their children, it is necessary for Member States to take appropriate measures in order that this information ensures an adequate use of the products in question and is not counter to the promotion of breast feeding.