- give as a guarantee
"I pledge my honor"
- bind or secure by a pledge
"I was pledged to silence"
- zekerheid voor aanspraken, verkregen door beslag te leggen op roerend goed
- someone accepted for membership but not yet fully admitted to the group
- a deposit of personal property as security for a debt
"his saxophone was in pledge"
- Pledge allegiance to the national flag.
- It was told me under pledge of secrecy.
- I give my pledge that I will quit smoking.
- Unity, justice and freedom are the pledge of fortune.
- I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
- Both provide for a negative pledge by TVO.
- the pledge or assignment is unconditional and irrevocable.
- In Article 5(7)(d) of Regulation (EC) No 1100/2006, the words ‘the approved operator’s pledge’ shall be replaced by the words ‘the applicant’s pledge’.
- Assignment of rights or deposit of assets for collateral purposes, pledge and/or repo
- the third party institution is notified of the pledge or assignment;
- The pledge is established by virtue of a contract between the owner and the creditor and, except where otherwise stipulated in law, the object of the pledge must be released to the creditor or a third party.
- A registered pledge requires a written contract between the creditor and the person authorised to dispose of the object of the pledge and an entry in the register of pledges kept by the district courts.
- In addition, the PZL Wrocław assets in question which served as a registered pledge include many low-value items.
- The arrangements shall reflect a perfected lien (i.e. all legal requirements for establishing the pledge shall been fulfilled).
- First, the pledge was the countervalue of the deferred tax debt of the beneficiary, required by the Tax Administration Act.