- gelegen komend, wiens komst aangenaam is
- (usually plural) an acknowledgment or expression of good will (especially on meeting)
- (American football) the act of catching a pass in football
"the tight end made a great reception on the 20 yard line"
- The reception isn't good.
- They got a warm reception.
- She gave her guests a hearty reception.
- The ceremony was followed by the reception.
- Tom was given a warm reception.
- Old friends were invited to the reception.
- There were beautiful flowers on the reception desk.
- His new book met with a favorable reception.
- Many people declined the invitation to the reception.
- Everybody who is anybody was present at the reception.
- Please come pick up your package at the reception.
- There was a big reception after the wedding.
- I met with a cool, not to say hostile, reception.
- He introduced me to his relatives at the reception.
- A reception was given for the Japanese foreign minister.