- dat wat op het spel staat
- (law) a right or legal share of something; a financial involvement with something
"a stake in the company's future"
- instrument of execution consisting of a vertical post that a victim is tied to for burning
- a strong wooden or metal post with a point at one end so it can be driven into the ground
- tie or fasten to a stake
"stake your goat"
- What's at stake?
- The heretic was burned at the stake.
- I know what is at stake.
- Mary was burned at the stake.
- Don't you understand what's at stake here?
- I have to know what's at stake.
- We have a substantial stake in the venture.
- There's a lot of money at stake in this transaction.
- The EC countries have a huge stake in the talks.
- I felt that my honor was at stake.
- He got angry because his honor was at stake.
- The stake that sticks out gets hammered down.
- The team played hard because the championship of the state was at stake.
- Commoners had no stake or interest in the constant fighting between nobles.
- I won't stake my reputation on it, but I think it's a genuine alien life form.