- The workers are striking.
- She always wears striking clothes.
- The clock is striking four.
- Today the bus drivers are striking.
- He is a man of striking individuality.
- The striking workers protested their pay cut.
- There was a striking resemblance between them.
- Striking differences existed between the two boys.
- The workers are striking for better pay.
- The fish are striking well today.
- The contrast between the sky and the mountain is striking.
- It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.
- Even small drops striking constantly will bore through a granite mountain.
- Gabrielle, a striking 6'1" woman, was tired of enterprising young men asking her how the weather was up there.
- The parallel with English becomes even more striking when we realize that Latin continued to be used for many hundreds of years more as the world's first "international language."