- He made a substantial contribution to economics.
- Human vices provide substantial government income.
- I haven't eaten anything substantial in 48 hours.
- It will require substantial time and financial resources.
- We have a substantial stake in the venture.
- Thanks to the opportunity, we were able to avoid substantial effort.
- He woke up starving; but after getting outside a substantial breakfast, he felt splendid.
- When trade prohibitions are resisted by any substantial minority, black markets develop.
- The project is well-planned and interesting, but its immediate impact on the bottom line is not considered substantial.
- If one is to save up the chicken feed every day, it will amount to a very substantial sum in a year.
- After I had thought about this elementary question fundamentally, I came to the conclusion that the difference, which is often described as "considerable" or "substantial" by distinguished people, between the indispensable words "important" and "essential" isn't significant, but rather is irrelevant.
- Substantial change
- SUBSTANTIAL CHANGES
- Substantial benefits in kind
- Undeclared work is substantial.