- strong desire for something (not food or drink)
"a thirst for knowledge"
- a physiological need to drink
- feel the need to drink
- I'm dying of thirst.
- Our people thirst for independence.
- What's your favorite thirst quencher?
- Distant water won't quench your immediate thirst.
- They satisfied their thirst at the spring.
- She died of thirst during the drought.
- He satisfied his thirst with a large glass of beer.
- The man died of thirst in a dry country.
- I had a glass of beer to quench my thirst.
- We drown in information but thirst for knowledge.
- I quench my thirst with a cold glass of water.
- Appetite comes with eating, the thirst goes away with drinking.
- Sharks are notorious for having a thirst for blood.
- Appetite comes with eating, but the thirst goes away with drinking.
- Revenge can't satisfy your feelings just like salt water can't quench your thirst.