- make a sudden movement in a new direction so as to avoid
"The child dodged the teacher's blow"
- move to and fro or from place to place usually in an irregular course
"the pickpocket dodged through the crowd"
- Don't dodge the question.
- Let's play dodge ball.
- How’d he dodge the draft?
- On his bicycle he can dodge through traffic with amazing speed.
- Tom didn't want to play dodge ball because he was tired.
- Don't dodge the issue, I want you to answer my question.
- Tom decided not to play dodge ball because he wasn't feeling well.