- the smallest possible unit of anything
"there was a grain of truth in what he said"
"he does not have a grain of sense"
- a cereal grass
"wheat is a grain that is grown in Kansas"
- the side of leather from which the hair has been removed
- 1/7000 pound; equals a troy grain or 64.799 milligrams
- paint (a surface) to make it look like stone or wood
- He deals in grain.
- Mr Tatuya deals in grain.
- Tom prefers whole-grain cereals.
- Rye was called the grain of poverty.
- They export grain to many countries.
- Waste not a single grain of rice!
- We import grain from the United States.
- Every rumour contains a grain of truth.
- We import grain from Canada every year.
- He didn't have a grain of courage.
- It goes against the grain with me.
- They have plenty of grain in store.
- The peasant scattered the seeds of grain.
- Farmers sow grain seeds in spring.
- Make sure you cut the board against the grain.