- What's the hold up?
- You must hold up your hands.
- Don't hang up, but hold on please.
- Buckle up, sit down, shut up and hold on.
- Take hold of the rope, and I'll pull you up.
- I can't hold up my head before him.
- Hold up your head, and look at me.
- Hold on a second, I'll be right back. Don't hang up!
- A magnet can pick up and hold many nails at a time.
- I'll get hold of you tomorrow and set up a time.
- If you want to get a hold on your spending you should start by cutting up all your credit cards.
- The one who has rendered a service should hold his tongue; it is up to the one who has received it to speak.
- "Mmmmn ... maybe I'll have a hair of the dog." "Whoa, hold up a mo! Here, I cooked roast fish for this morning. You ought to be able to eat this OK."
- It shall hold up to four ordinary meetings a year.
- An enclosure of minimum dimensions may hold up to three animals.