- a decision to do something or to behave in a certain manner
"he always wrote down his New Year's resolutions"
- the trait of being resolute
"it was his unshakeable resolution to finish the work"
- (music) a dissonant chord is followed by a consonant chord
- the subsidence of swelling or other signs of inflammation (especially in a lung)
- Senators drafted a resolution.
- I'm against that resolution.
- The Senate drafted a resolution.
- We balloted for the resolution.
- The resolution was not approved immediately.
- There are few but admire your resolution.
- My resolution dissolved at the last moment.
- Congress approved the resolution in October.
- A special resolution to be proposed at a general meeting may be amended by ordinary resolution.
- The resolution that a new road be built was passed.
- He made a firm resolution never to repeat it.
- The resolution to the problem was close at hand.
- My resolution was shaken when I heard about it.
- The United Nations General Assembly adopted the cease-fire resolution.
- I have made a resolution to keep a diary this year.