- wurgen, kelen, worgen
- kill by squeezing the throat of so as to cut off the air
"he tried to strangle his opponent"
- die from strangulation
- I didn't strangle Tom.
- I'd like to strangle Tom.
- Tom couldn't quite bring himself to strangle Mary.
- The first person to repeat that to my wife, I will strangle. Understood?
- That's right, when you greet him you must strangle him with all your strength. He'll be glad.
- Christopher Columbus's "The Idiot's Guide to Killing a Shark Barehanded" and "The Twenty Ways to Strangle a Giant Squid" both went on to become bestsellers.