- any event that usually accompanies or is closely connected with another
"first was the lightning and then its thunderous associate"
- a person with subordinate membership in a society, institution, or commercial enterprise
"associates in the law firm bill at a lower rate than do partners"
- having partial rights and privileges or subordinate status
"an associate member"
"an associate professor"
- Don't associate with them.
- He's just a business associate.
- He was my business associate.
- Don't associate with such people.
- I associate strawberries with shortcake.
- Never associate with bad fellows.
- I associate with him in business.
- I will associate with him in business.
- She doesn't like to associate with Bill.
- We often associate black with death.
- You shouldn't associate with men like that.
- We associate her face with a cherry.
- We associate Egypt with the Nile.
- What do you associate with summer?
- We associate her face with a rose.