- He has a defect in his character.
- A quick temper is the only defect in her character.
- There must be a defect in the experimental method.
- Carelessness was looked on as a serious defect.
- An inner defect never fails to express itself outwardly.
- To be perfect she lacked just one defect.
- For nothing is so beautiful but that it betrays some defect on close inspection.
- He works fast and is very articulate but his insincerity is his biggest defect.
- If it were not for this defect, I should hire him at once.
- What defect can you find in the present system of education?
- Why have you not inquired about the cause of the defect?
- It really is a nice theory. The only defect I think it has is probably common to all philosophical theories. It's wrong.
- A virtue like honesty may be allied to a defect related to honesty, such as being too trusting, too ready to assume that others are as honest as oneself. In such a case we may say, "Hers were the defects of her virtues."
- Product defect