- (van het weer) met hevigheid optredend
- very bad in degree or extent
"a severe worldwide depression"
"the house suffered severe damage"
- Kuwait suffered severe damage.
- Severe weather frightens people.
- I have a severe headache.
- Tom has a severe headache.
- His criticisms were very severe.
- We have a severe winter this year.
- That country has a severe climate.
- You really have a severe myopia.
- Mary is showing signs of severe depression.
- He was subjected to severe criticism.
- He was severe with his children.
- I have a severe pain here.
- Biologists assert the losses are severe.
- The pollen can cause severe allergic reactions.
- Jack is very severe with his children.