- the cognitive condition of someone who understands
"he has virtually no understanding of social cause and effect"
- the statement (oral or written) of an exchange of promises
"there was an understanding between management and the workers"
- begrijpend, begripvol
- characterized by understanding based on comprehension and discernment and empathy
"an understanding friend"
- We appreciate your understanding.
- Mutual understanding promotes peace.
- You're very understanding.
- That's my understanding.
- He's very understanding.
- Thanks for understanding.
- She's very understanding.
- I appreciate your understanding.
- Friendship consists of mutual understanding.
- Our mutual understanding is indispensable.
- Thank you for your understanding.
- Mutual understanding makes for peace.
- He is slow of understanding.
- I keep on not understanding.
- I ask for your understanding!