- the second canonical hour; about 6 a.m.
- insert a primer into (a gun, mine, or charge) preparatory to detonation or firing
"prime a cannon"
"prime a mine"
- used of the first or originating agent
- of or relating to or being an integer that cannot be factored into other integers
- "Two" is the only prime whose successor is prime.
- Tom is past his prime.
- The Prime Minister has resigned.
- 2539 is a prime number.
- Which are the prime numbers?
- He was cut down in his prime.
- The prime minister proposed administrative reforms.
- She is the Prime Minister of Finland.
- They elected Hashimoto the Prime Minister.
- The Prime Minister has resigned yesterday.
- I didn't like the Prime Minister's speech.
- The country respects the Prime Minister.
- Tom is no longer our prime suspect.
- He is in the prime of life.
- Tom is now in his prime.