- manier waarop iets gebeurt
- your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you)
"success that was her portion"
- deel, gedeelte, part, stukje, stuk
- something determined in relation to something that includes it
"I read a portion of the manuscript"
- something less than the whole of a human artifact
- Just a small portion.
- The second portion contains meat.
- Tom got a small portion of pie.
- Land occupies the minor portion of the earth's surface.
- A small portion of ham, please, and a draught beer.
- He has not paid his portion of the rent.
- A portion of the proceeds will go to benefit children with disabilities.
- The Middle East supplies a major portion of the oil that Japan consumes.
- A portion of the island was destroyed by the massive waves.
- Apart from a small portion of people, everyone uses the internet more than once a week.
- The debt-servicing cost on bonds will take up major portion of the budget.
- Now let's have a big portion of spaghetti and a cup of tea, my dear lords and ladies.
- When each of the children had been given a portion, they began to quarrel in pairs about whose was larger.
- In the event that asbestos-covered mesh is found, ensure its safety by damping the asbestos portion to prevent dust release and wrapping in a plastic bag.
- Whoever thinks: "These days, everyone speaks English" or "The entire world speaks English" without asking what portion of the global population it is that speaks English, and how well they can speak it, is someone who does not want to see the reality in front of their eyes.