- fall or plunge forward
"She pitched over the railing of the balcony"
- hit (a golf ball) in a high arc with a backspin
- lead (a card) and establish the trump suit
- a vendor's position (especially on the sidewalk)
"he was employed to see that his paper's news pitches were not trespassed upon by rival vendors"
- the action or manner of throwing something
"his pitch fell short and his hat landed on the floor"
- It is pitch dark.
- Can you pitch?
- Pitch a fast ball.
- It was pitch-black.
- It's pitch black outside.
- Pitch a perfect game.
- Pitch the ball.
- It's pitch black.
- It was pitch black outside.
- It was a pitch black night.
- Pitch the newspaper onto the porch.
- He listened to my pitch, so he must be interested.
- Let's pitch the tent while it's still light.
- I wonder if it's possible to teach myself perfect pitch.
- He who touches pitch shall be defiled therewith.